Sunday, August 10, 2014

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Derrick Rodrigues and Cash, 8/09/14

Yesterday was a day of celebration twofold! It was a day that Derrick and Chalyse became husband and wife. It was also the day that Chaylse became a bonus mom to Cash! I had the honor and extreme privilege of officiating Chaylse and Derrick's personalized wedding ceremony!:) There was a funny story behind that!:) Back in the end of April, the first part of May, I was checking my Thumbtack wedding inquiries online. There was one that seemed pretty promising and fairly close. It was from a Mindy S. in Riverton. I got in contact with Mindy S. and we started messaging back and forth online. Somewhere during the conversation, a light bulb went on inside my head. When Mindy S. and I finished our conversation online, I texted my friend Mindy and said, "Mindy, were you and I just talking online through Thumbtack?" Indeed, we were! Mindy S in Riverton turned out to be my next door neighbor! The beauty of the internet! LOL! Anyway, the ceremony that united Chaylse and Derrick as husband and wife was like a fairy tale wedding! It was held in the beautiful backyard of Chaylse's parents! It was attended by most of the neighborhood, which meant standing room only in the backyard!:) It was one of those ceremonies that I, as a wedding officiant, had to hold back the tears of joy! Chalyse was so stunning as she walked down the aisle with her dad. At that moment, I turned to look at Derrick watching his bride walk down. There was such a look of awe in his eyes for the love of his life, his soulmate!:) We started off the ceremony with a candle of remembrance for those that had passed. In the middle, there was a gift exchange between Cash and his new bonus Mom! That was really a hard act to follow! The vows were simple and heart-felt, followed by the exchange of rings! I pronounced them husband & wife, then presented them with these words, "I am proud and honored to present for the first time anywhere Mr. & Mrs. Derrick Rodrigues!!!" After I changed my clothes and put on my casual attire, I let my hair down and attended the crazy loud party next door!:) Chaylse, Derrick, and Cash, I love you all very much!!:) Thank you for inviting me to be part of your very special day!! Thank you, Mindy and Kevin, for throwing a crazy loud party to celebrate the new beginnings for your children!!:) The love still lingers in the air!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment