Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy 5th Anniversary to Amber & Anthony!! :)

Happy 5th Anniversary, Amber and Anthony!!

5 years ago today, I was given the great honor and privilege of officiating Amber and Anthony's wedding ceremony!  That day was a day of celebration twofold!:)  It was the day Amber and Anthony were joined as husband and wife!:)  It was also the day a new family was created with the blending of their children! :)  Amber and Anthony, may all that you are always be in love and may love always be in you! May life's situations always serve you well to strengthen the bond of friendship, love, and spirit that you have nurtured over the years! May you always see and encourage the best in each other! And may you always be each other's best friend and greatest love!! :)



AMBER DUNYON & ANTHONY MADSEN
WEDDING CEREMONY
FRIDAY, AUGUST 8, 2008

WELCOME
This is the day Amber Dunyon and Anthony Madsen have chosen to celebrate their union as husband and wife, as partners in life.  They thank you, their families and friends, for joining them today to offer your love, support and to wish them all the happiness life can offer.  They would also like to acknowledge those who are not able to be here, but whose thoughts and good wishes are present here today.

I am Rev. Annie Benjamin.  I am authorized by the laws of the church and the state of Utah to unite this couple that stands before me in the bonds of holy matrimony.

At this time I ask the parents of Amber and Anthony to please stand.
Who brings Amber and Anthony to be joined as husband and wife today?

(All parents stating together)
We do.

Are you willing now and always to support and uphold Amber and Anthony with your love?
We are.

Thank you! You may be seated.

MEANING OF MARRIAGE
A true marriage is an act of transformation, a profound mystery of creation and rebirth as two lives are blended into on.  This is not a loss or a giving up of one’s self, but rather a giving over of self to something greater.  In the process you will each be challenged to discover, again and again, new depths and possibilities in yourselves and in each other.
This wedding ceremony and the vows you will speak to one another today are the gateway into this mystery.  In a sense, the whole of your lives up till now has brought you here to this moment, and together you now give over to the creation of something wholly new and transcendent, something that has never before existed—your unique marriage—an expression that is at the same time public and private, precious, sacred and truly unique to the two of you.  The commitment to love that forms the heart of this marriage means that you will walk through the rest of your days with a true best friend beside you, one you can laugh with and cry with, grow old with, and feel forever young with.

QUESTIONS
Amber and Anthony, if you are now ready to enter into this blessed union, freely choosing it with all its rights and potential, place face each other now and join hands.

Anthony, do you take Amber as your wife?  Do you promise to love her, comfort her and honor and nurture her in sickness and health, in sorrow and in joy throughout your lives?  If so, please answer now, “I do.”
Amber, do you take Anthony as your husband?  Do you promise to love him, comfort him and honor and nurture him in sickness and health, in sorrow and in joy throughout your lives?  If so, please answer now, “I do.”

CHILDREN
Today is not only the joining of Amber and Anthony as husband and wife, it is a day that creates a new family.
Dominique, DJ, Tino, and Nevaeh, I now address you.  Do you promise to love and respect the person your parent has chosen to marry today?  Do you promise to support their marriage and this newly created family?  Do you promise to be their children, not merely his or hers?  Will you encourage them and support them in your new life together?
(children)
We do!
Amber, do you take Dominique, DJ, and Tino to be your children?  Will you love them, protect them, and support them as if they were yours from birth? 
(Amber)
I do!
Amber and Anthony, together do you promise to be loving, supporting, and nurturing parents of this newly created family?
(Amber and Anthony)
We do!

RING CEREMONY
May I have the rings please?  (Placing them on my fingers and raising them up in blessing)
The circle is a symbol of eternity, without beginning or end, and with no point of weakness.  It is a symbol of God and His love for you, which neither comes to an end.  May your love be as everlasting as these precious rings.  In years to come, may they be a reminder of the overwhelming joy of this special occasion.
Anthony, please take the ring you have selected, place it on Amber’s finger and repeat after me:   Amber, I give you this ring, my gift to you, as a symbol of my promise.  With all that I am and all that I have, I pledge my everlasting love to you.
Amber, please take the ring you have selected, place it on Anthony’s finger and repeat after me:  Anthony, I give you this ring, my gift to you, as a symbol of my promise.  With all that I am and all that I have, I pledge my everlasting love to you.

VOWS
Amber and Anthony, I will now have you repeat your vows to each other.  Anthony, please repeat after me:
Amber, I take you to be my wife.  Before these witnesses and in the sight of God, I vow to love you and care for you throughout our lives.  I take you with all your faults and all your strengths as I offer myself to you with all my faults and all my strengths.  I will help you when you need help, and will turn to you when I need help.  I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.
Amber, please repeat after me:
Anthony, I take you to be my husband.  Before these witnesses and in the sight of God, I vow to love you and care for you throughout our lives.  I take you with all your faults and all your strengths as I offer myself to you with all my faults and all my strengths.  I will help you when you need help, and will turn to you when I need help.  I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.

PRONOUCEMENT
Amber and Anthony, you have affirmed your love and loyalty to each other and have declared it through your vows and the giving and receiving of ring.  It is now my honor and privilege to announce in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit that you are now husband and wife. 
You may kiss each other as Mr. & Mrs. Anthony Madsen.

May I present to you for the first time, Mr. & Mrs. Anthony Madsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment